Wednesday

FRESH Lime Cilantro Fajita Chicken with Fresh Pico & Guacamole!





I love cooking up something this simple, and so clean! 

The reason I love meals like this is because they are so easy to do, but I must warn you that chopping and dicing does take a little time versus just throwing something in the oven. The reason why this is worth it though, is because it is all LIVE and FRESH. All of the natural flavors are contained, but MOST IMPORTANTLY all of the live enzymes, vitamins, and minerals are still there and haven't been cooked out of the foods.

The only thing that I cooked in this meal was the chicken, but that is because I am definitely not eating chicken RAW!  We save the RAWNESS for fruits and vegetables.

I grew up in Texas, and had Tex-Mex and real authentic Mexican foods all of the time! Now that I live in Florida, I traded Tex-Mex for beaches, and I am completely fine with that. However, that means I crave it a LOT and have to find ways to get my tacos and eat them too, lol! (Like they saying, I want my cake and I want to eat it too!)

I loved that my upbringing also brought people into my life that taught me how to make dishes and recipes, and that I learned how to make dishes (that sort of resemble) the real deal.

It really curbs my cravings anyway, and is clean enough to still lose weight or maintain your weight.

I think what I love the most is the smell of FRESH LIME! Ahh the FRESHNESS fills the air and makes my mouth water!  Okay, enough rambling! :)

So, First of all, this is a gluten free, grain free, easy meal option. 

All I did was cut up some chicken breast and put that in a baking dish with some olive oil, cilatnro, sea salt and lime. I then baked that at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.

While that was baking, I chopped up tomatoes, onions and cilantro for FRESH PICO!


And then I diced an avocado, and added some diced onion, fresh squeezed lime juice and a little bit of guacamole seasoning.

Then I just ate it all straight out of the bowls with some bean chips (grain free)!

It was fantastic, delicious, and has that Mexican Food flair that I miss so much, but without all of the fat and carbs.

(TIP: I used the leftovers in an omelette the next day...YUM!)

I hope you enjoy and if you would like to see any more foods or recipes please comment below!
I look forward to hearing from you!!


P.S. Don't forget to take the survey below for a chance at a $1,500 TARGET Shopping Spree!


No comments: