It is much healthier and still can give you that salty, crunchy, satisfaction that you are looking for, without the fat.
I get the thin sliced TURKEY BACON, usually in the grocery store next to the pork bacon.
Here is how I cook my turkey bacon in the microwave:
- I place 2 sheets of papertowels down in the microwave.
- Lay 2-4 slices of turkey bacon on top of the papertowels.
- Place a papertowel on top of the turkey bacon.
- Cook in the microwave, about less than a minute per slice.
- I watch and listen to the turkey bacon to make sure it doesn't overcook or burn.
- Turkey bacon is done when it is no longer soft looking, and I test it by breaking off a small piece and it breaks easily.