Thursday

POUNDS & POUNDS OF SUGAR!!

So a 12 ounce can of soda has 39grams of sugar in it, roughly. That may not seem like a lot to many people, but to me it is "sugar hell!"

I can tolerate other forms of sugar, but I DO NOT do well on HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, otherwise known as the sugar in a can of regular soda. 

As a matter of fact, I have completely lost my whereabouts, after drinking the stuff. NO WONDER I couldn't concentrate in college!!!!!!!!!

I was pondering, "If 39 grams of sugar is in a can of soda, and a person drank a soda a day for a year, how many grams of sugar would that be?"

And then I wondered, "If we convert those GRAMS to POUNDS...how many POUNDS OF SUGAR would a person consume from just one soda a day, for an entire year?

The results were astonishing!!!!!!!!! 

Oh my goodness, I could not believe how many POUNDS of sugar I had just calculated!!!!!!!!!

And we are not even talking about the sugar in the many delicious cakes, pies, cookies, doughnuts, and other have to have's throughout the year, for birthdays, special occasions, and for holidays!

So here is my challenge to you...You tell me how many pounds you came up with, and I'll tell you if you were right!!!!

The final answer, COMING SOON!!!

-Deidra

No comments: